Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fear not: for I have redeemed thee

ISRAEL needed redemption both from Egypt and Babylon, and the Lord redeemed themWe needed to be redeemed from sin, Satan, and the present evil world, and Jesus has become our Redeemer. The price of our redemption was his precious blood; the power that effects our deliverance is the power of his Holy Spirit. The legal difficulties were all removed when he died in our stead, but we were as really enthralled and held in bondage as if no price had been paid for our release; therefore it was necessary that power should be exerted, and this has been done, and we are now the redeemed of the Lord. He redeemed us because he loved ns; because he had set his heart upon us; because he intended to glorify himself in us, before angels, devils, and men. Having redeemed us he bids us not fear. For having purchased us so dearly, he will not easily part with us: having delivered us when we were his foes, he will certainly take care of us now we are his friends. Still it seems natural to fear. But he who redeemed us says, "Fear not, for I am with thee, I will keep thee."
   
Why shouldst thou fear, when I am thine,
    When all I am, I am for thee?
If thou art weak, my strength divine

    Is perfect in infirmity.

No comments:

Post a Comment