Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

In the Lord have I righteousness and strength

EVERY believer proves that he has neither in himself. The longer he lives, the more deeply he feels that he must look out of himself for the righteousness that is to justify him before God, and daily go to the Saviour for strength to conquer sin, overcome the world, perform duty, resist Satan, and glorify God. What an unspeakable mercy it is, that this morning the Lord whom we worship is our righteousness; that the perfect obedience of the Lord Jesus is unto all and upon all that believe without any difference. Every one of us who believe in Jesus, have a perfect righteousness; and in him shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory. In the Lord also we have strength; strength is provided for us, and promised to us. Let us therefore go boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help us in every time of need. Our righteousness and strength being in the Lord, they are always the same; they can never be forfeited; they will never be lost. Let ns then look up and say, " He is. near that justifieth me, who will contend with me ?"
  
Jesus, thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress:
'Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed.
With joy shall I lift up my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment