Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Remember me, O my God, for good

IT is no uncommon thing for our earthly friends to forget us, especially in seasons of trouble, or in circumstances of poverty. But if they remembered us, they could do but little for us. When creatures forget, or slight us, let us turn from them to the Lord. He says, " Thou shalt not be forgotten of me." Let us pray with the man of God, " Remember me, O my God." Kemember my wants, and supply them, for they are many and pressing. Remember my fears, and disperse them, for they are numerous and distressing. Remember my foes, and subdue them, for they are fierce and united. Remember my difficulties, and deliver me out of them, for they fill me with shame and dismay. Remember my weakness, and strengthen me, for I desire to do thy will. Remember my doubts, and remove them, and give me a steady faith in thy word, and a sweet assurance of thy love. " Remember me, O my God, as a child, that incessantly needs a parent's care; as a pilgrim, that needs a guide; and as a soldier, that requires courage and supplies. Remember me, to fill me with the power of the Holy Ghost.

    0 thou, from whom all goodness flows,
    I lift my soul to thee;
In all my sorrows, conflicts, woes.

    Dear Lord, remember me.

No comments:

Post a Comment